USTOA Tour Operators Venture to Lesser-Known Corners of the World in 2020
Published on : Monday, September 9, 2019
Each September, the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) celebrates Travel Together Month to showcase the unparalleled group travel experiences offered by USTOA tour operators. This year, USTOA is spotlighting new itineraries that lead travelers off-the-beaten path in 2020.
Travelers who explore relatively less-traveled destinations often experience fewer crowds, encounter more opportunities to immerse themselves in the local culture, and discover activities that are distinctly different.
“Traveling to the lesser-known corners of the earth supports the growth of emerging destinations while providing a richer and deeper understanding of local cultures and communities,” said Terry Dale, president and CEO of USTOA. “Our tour operator members have been taking travelers to off-the-beaten-path places for decades and have an exciting array of new programs available in 2020 to explore.”
New USTOA tour operator itineraries for 2020 include:
- Lithuania & Latvia: the Baltics – Cyclists can spin along the Baltic coast, take a private cruise to the Curonian Spit, and join a Lithuanian barbecue with VBT Bicycling Vacations. Departures are available between May and September 2020, starting at $3,095 per person.
- Discover Ethiopia –Perillo’s Learning Journeys takes guests on a city tour of the capital, Addis Ababa, home to museums and open air markets, and on an exploration of Lalibela, a town in the Amhara region known for its distinctive rock-cut churches. Private group departures are available throughout 2020 starting at $3,890 per person.
- Wukalina Walk – Travelers can take a guided, four-day adventure in Tasmania with Goway.com through Launceston while listening to the stories of this northeast region. Departures are available on Sundays through March 2020, starting at $1,609 per person.
- Coastal Wonders of Norway, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland – Adventurers can visit Norway’s spectacular fjords, discover the Viking heritage in the Faroe Islands, and observe nesting seabirds on Iceland’s Látrabjarg cliffs with Lindblad Expeditions. Departure is June 18, 2020, starting at $17,160 per person.
- Vietnam & Cambodia – Holiday Vacations takes travelers through these two neighboring Southeast Asia destinations with time for traditional cooking classes, museum visits, and boat cruises. Departures are available in March 2020, starting at $8,299 per person.
- Bolivia & Chile’s Atacama Desert – International Expeditions takes guests through Bolivia’s dramatic landscape and wildlife, and to the turquoise lakes and red plains of the Atacama Desert in Chile. Departure is available May 9, 2020, starting at $10,698 per person.
- UNESCO Banff National Park & The Rocky Mountaineer – Travelers can explore the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, and Lake Louise by boat, rail, and a glass-domed car with Seabourn Cruises. Departures are available on select dates between June and September 2020, starting at $5,399 per person.
Tags: Tour Operators, ustoa